Saturday 6 February 2021

5/52

"a portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2021"

Jackson: This is the look of disbelief and happiness. I've been slowly going through boxes of things, trying to rid our lives of stuff. I was sifting through a box of papers and came across an envelope that was labeled "Jackson's 11th birthday". Really I could've just put the envelope back in the box and moved on but for some reason, I opened it up and started going through the cards that were inside. Unbelievably, I found $87 dollars tucked within 4 different cards. These cards have been sitting in a box for 6 years!!! There was no reason for me to even go through that box once I looked at the first couple of envelopes on the top but I felt the need to  continue. As you can imagine, Jackson was overjoyed. Neil and I both think that we likely told Jackson we would keep the money and bought him a bigger item at the time however neither of us know for sure so Jackson happily walked away with the money that he will use to gas up his car. He was pretty pumped and I was sort of sad because there are several boxes just like that one and now I know I must go through them all to be sure there is no more money that's been forgotten. 

Lily: Another week, another pic with one of the pups. I know if I looked back, I would find pic after pic of the kids with our fur babes. They both love them so much 

As ever, joining in with the lovely Donna and others for another week of Living Arrows. 


 

4 comments:

  1. I just had to look up the exchange rate to see how much money that was! Our kids would be overjoyed! They are constantly saving, and have about £200 each in their money boxes. We're past the point now of knowing what they're actually saving for and they just love having that money there! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't tell the story as I was so embarrassed about it. How on earth did I forget about that much money?!?!

      Delete
  2. Oh my word my children would be so excited to find forgotten money like that but then, to be fair, so would I! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madeline, I'm still kind of feeling clueless how that money was ever forgotten about and also why I even bothered to go through the envelope. It's all very strange but as I said, Jackson is thrilled!!!

      Delete