Friday 10 July 2015

Nature Loving - Bzzzzz...

I've been adding to my collection of bees in flowers for a while now and thought Photo Friday would be the perfect opportunity to showcase some of what I've got so far. I'm always stopping to admire bees in flowers - such a beautiful sight! I'm still determined to catch a bee in flight but have yet to have success in doing so (see pic #3 near the top). I will continue to try. Most of these photos were taken recently and some have already appeared in this blog somewhere along the line. The final shot is my fav of mine, taken last summer. I love the little alien eyes.

Happy Friday! Yay for the weekend and for a week off following it! Happiness indeed!

Pierced Wonderings

13 comments:

  1. What amazing shots! I think my favorite is that 11th one - where the wings are a blur because he's moving. I love bees, even though I am fairly allergic. I've told my husband that I'd really like to get a hive or let a local beekeeper put one on our property, but he has vetoed that idea. It may just happen one day while he isn't here to say no ;) At the very least, this fall and next spring I intend to plant lots and lots of flowers that the bees will love.

    Thank you so much for joining us for Photo Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. I love bees too. So far, I haven't been stung while invading their space to get photos. I hope to see some bees in flower pictures of yours in the future.
      Thanks for hosting Photo Friday!

      Delete
  2. The photos are great! The close up let you see how cute some bees can be. The ones in here are different. I wonder if they are different species.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again Ruth, thanks for visiting. Yes there are some different types but unfortunately I'm not up on my knowledge of bees other than getting close to take their pictures. I have some research to do. ☺

      Delete
  3. Such cool photos!! What kind of lens/camera did you use?? (and thanks for stopping by my blog today!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hatton, I use a Canon T5i with a 18 - 55mm STM lens. The bees don't seem to mind me getting close. So far, I've yet to be stung. ☺

      Delete
  4. fantastic shots Jen !! Beez gotta love em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carina :) We should get together soon.

      Delete
  5. These are some lovely little visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes I like to get right in there with the bees :)

      Delete
  7. WOW! These really are amazing Bee shots... put mine to shame. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If the last 12 comments didn't make it clear, these are spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete