Tuesday 19 February 2013

52 weeks of happy 14/52






"The happiest people don't have the best of everything,
they just make the best of everything"
 
 
Making me happy this week...
 
- I FINALLY finished Lily's blanket. I feel very proud of myself as it was months in the making and she LOVES it. It is my very first crochet project ever. I'm thrilled that I saw it to the end and am excited to get started on my next blanket that will surely not be as painful to finish.
 
- SUNSHINE! There has been a tremendous lack of it as I mentioned here, so seeing it yesterday and today thrilled me beyond words and I spent most of the last two days outside as a result. I completely understand why people in our area head somewhere warm for a week in the winter. I need vitamin D!
 
- My Jackie. I was approached by an SSA at the school yesterday and heard nothing but praise about my son. There is an autistic boy in the classroom and apparently Jackson's behaviour toward him and his desire to make the boy be/feel included has really stood out. I'm feeling pretty proud and am so grateful that the things Neil and I are trying to teach the kids are being understood. Yay Jack!
 
- This weekend. I'm super excited to be travelling to see 3 of my very favourite girlfriends. They are what I miss most about no longer living in Vancouver. It's a girls weekend. No kids nor husbands. We are going to shop, eat, drink, go to the spa, more eats and drink all the while just being together. Perfection and I cannot wait. Visits are few and far between these days so I'm very very grateful!  
 
As ever, joining in with Jen at Little Birdie for this project.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Jen, especially like all the pictures of the blanket, the edging looks amazing and gives it a whole new punch of excitement. Exceptional work! Looks like Lily loves it too.

    Have a wonderful time in Vancouver, I may stay through to Sunday morning and then head back to PR. Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete