Tuesday 27 August 2013

52 weeks of happy 41/52

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything,
 they just make the best of everything"
Making me happy this week...
Our beautiful friends Ben, Chika, Skylar and Casey came to Powell River for a visit. We had a super day on Savary as well as good times at our place and Mahoods beach. We most always crash at their place while in Vancouver so it was great to have them here in PR where we could treat them for a change! Thanks for the visit Robinson's. Please come back again soon!
These four boys all turn 10 in late July, mid August and September so this year we had a big birthday celebrating them all at once. 12 others came out to join them with a big game of road hockey, treats, drinks and two cakes! Of course my boy is still planning a sleepover on his actual birthday in late September but this day made us all pretty happy!

While Ben and Chika were here, we ate very well. My dad treated us to some fresh baked cheese bread-SO GOOD!!! My mom baked cookies and blackberry crisp which were gobbled up fast. Again, SO GOOD. Then there's Chika. I believe she is one of the best cooks I know. Here she comes all the way to PR and takes over in the kitchen. It was a simple noodle dish to her, but it was far more to us. We were beyond happy to do the clean up after her wonderful meal. I want more!

Who doesn't love a fire on the beach. We've been doing this a lot lately and I'm so grateful.

Joining in with Jen over at Little Birdie. Go check out her blog and her happy's here!


No comments:

Post a Comment