Tuesday 3 September 2013

35/52 a portrait a week


"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."
 
Jackson: at the White Caps game in Vancouver without us (texted to me from my girlfriend, thank you Brenna). This was his first trip away without Neil and I or at least one of us. He went with our friends to the city and was gone for two nights. It wasn't easy for him or me.  He called crying and begging to come home with fears that he couldn't do it which gutted my heart. We talked for a bit and just as I was about to cave and go pick him up, Neil took over and told him to change his thoughts and believe in himself. I was saying similar things but he needed his Dad to help him go for it. He had such a great time, loved the game at BC Place and I'm so glad he went for it. Huge confidence boost. He's never been a fan of sleepovers (I guess honestly, me neither) unless they are at our place. This week we will find out if he makes the Rep Hockey team which will mean away trips for games and sometimes those games will be played without us present. He feels good about this now. My heart is still heavy though as he's growing up. 10 is just around the corner.
 
Lily: happy to have Mom and Dad all to herself for two nights!!! ☺
 
Joining in with Jodi and others over at Che and Fidel 
 
Fav's from last weeks batch were
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a heart-wrenching entry Jen. I'm glad it worked out. I love how both pictures feature "blue". I've really been enjoying seeing the pictures of them over the summer, they are growing and changing all the time.

    ReplyDelete