Thursday 29 May 2014

There's an elephant in the room...



...and today someone exposed me. I've put on a lot of weight. A.LOT!!! Obviously it's not a secret, how could it be?! I am out of control and have been for ages. Today I finally decided to face the truth and went to see the doctor. In front of my kids who were with me, I heard some hard facts about the strong possibility of diabetes in my life unless things change. I eat for comfort and I eat too much crap too often. Over the last couple of years, there have been some serious and not so pretty changes in my body. My beautiful and ever supportive husband, my amazing family and friends are far too kind to ever mention my weight. Neil occasionally pushes me a little but only after I've boohoo'd to him about my struggle to gain control. The reality is that the future WILL be ugly if I don't do something NOW. Why oh why is it so hard to get my mind wrapped around eating less and moving more. Real food and less garbage. Life. I have a long road ahead of me but I need to believe I'm worth it and will work hard to get to a better healthy place. Thanks for reading my pity party, it's not the first time I've written about my weight here. I got myself into this mess and now I need to get out of it somehow. I hope I can update in a month or so with some positive changes. 


2 comments:

  1. I believe in you, support you and love you very much. There will be very positive updates, many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this road isn't easy. You are worth it - worth every moment and every effort. Try to focus on "health" when it's possible make the healthy choices as often as you can. You don't need to be perfect, just better than yesterday. Find ways to make little changes that are positive ones and find ways to remove any negativity around doing the right thing (like guilt or regret). I'm proud of you for going to the doctor. Remember you're not alone and YOU ARE LOVED - always. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete