Tuesday 24 November 2015

47/52


 "a portrait of, and occasionally a quote from my children, once a week, every week, in 2015"

Jackson: Once again, ripping the tape from his stick and starting over. This is a weekly occurrence and requires a lot of concentration. I wonder sometimes if its therapeutic for him. He's been stressing a lot lately about the end of elementary school. Of course it is ages away (7 months) but it seems to be dominating his mind as he is recognizing how fast time moves. The tears and stress about this from him kill my heart and often I cry along with him. Growing up is tough for the kids and the parents. 
"I just don't want it to end. All the teachers at the school know me so well. Who will remember or know it's my birthday in high school? Will the teachers be as nice?"


Lily: New hair, new attitude. At least for the afternoon anyway. It was really amazing to see how confident she became when she walked out of my friends place after getting several inches cut off. She was carefree and happy for hours and tried out several looks that night wondering if anyone at school would recognize her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment