Monday 23 May 2016

21/52

 "a portrait of, and occasionally a quote from my children, once a week, every week, in 2016"

Jackson: On top of Factory training for hockey, 3 on 3 hockey and his own ball games, my busy boy decided to volunteer himself to Ump the younger kids baseball games.  All the hockey is coming to an end very soon so he pushed for a golf membership to fill his time. Active he is and as crazy as his schedule can be sometimes, I'm so glad he loves to be busy.   


Lily: Her class had their first puberty talk at school this week. She came home with her "package" stuffed way down in her in backpack and hurried me to her room when she got home to show me and discuss it all. She could hardly believe they would give them pads already and couldn't get over all the stuff in the accompanying booklet. I had a little cry after we talked, once again struggling to keep up with these kids who are growing so quickly. :) I do hope that she will always be comfortable talking to me about anything and everything as she is right now. We are headed to some interesting years. 

The photo of Jack & Lily below was taken in my grade 7 classroom of my old elementary school. It was shut down around 1986 and is now owned by friends of mine who very kindly opened the place up for a tour for myself, my family and several old elementary school friends. Lots of great memories filled my head as we strolled through the school and I was so glad my kids could get in there and have a look around with me.

Living Arrows & Practising Simplicity

Living Arrows

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel you. I just had my own 'talk' with my 12 year old. My oldest (15) has always been very open and easy to talk to (especially for a boy!), but my oldest daughter is another matter. I also hope they will just keep talking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the haircut in the first photo....oh my...last year I took the kids to the sex ed talk and my daughter was so horrified and said she never wanted to talk about it again...mind you she was 9 at the time and personally they still talk about things that I felt were for the older kids but anyway got to start somewhere. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son is such a good looking boy! And how brave is your daughter?! You'd never get me in a canoe! x

    ReplyDelete