Saturday 29 October 2016

Almost 44


Thought I'd play the almost game and answer the questions I always ask the kids on the eve of their birthday. Here goes nothing :)

1. Tomorrow you'll be 44, how do you think you'll feel when you wake up
     "probably much the same as today, likely a little more tired after a short sleep as it's almost already midnight and there is hockey practice in the AM"

2. What are you most proud of yourself for?
     "I try hard to be a good Mama, wife, friend and daughter"

3. Describe yourself in three words
    "happy, surrounded by love, blessed"

4. What do you want to do when you grow up?
     "still wondering"

5. Where do you think you'll go to college
    "never went but always wish I did"

6. Who is your hero?
    " "

7. What do you like most about life?
    "my family"

8. What is something that makes you angry?
    "ignorance/bottle flipping"

9. What makes you happy?
    "life/my family & friends"

10. Who is the kindest person you know?
      "my Mother"

11. What is your favourite
      movie "I LOVE too many, can't pick just one"  food "currently Thai or Vietnamese. I love a good curry"  song "same as movies, can't pick just one" month "always been October" tv show "don't watch much but love the Food Network or HGTV"  book "same as movie and song"

 12. Where do you hope to live when you grow up?
      "feel so lucky to live right here in Powell River but I'd love to spend a year in the UK" 

13. Do you dream of anything?
      "a long, happy and healthy life"

14. Describe your family...
      Neil "loving/my very best friend and confidant"  Jackson "sensitive, handsome, athletic and sweet" 
      Lily "beautiful, kind and creative"

15. What do you like about your family?
      "that we love and have fun together. "

I don't know that I really feel my age. I feel very lucky actually. I have love in my life and am surrounded by good family and friends. My kids are great and Neil and I are happy 27 years later.  I know weight is much harder to get off these days and I require a little more sleep but otherwise life is good. I live in a wonderful community and love my home. I am so grateful for all I have. Hopefully 44 will be as good to me as 43 was. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up either. I love this list and hope you adore being forty four! It's a good number! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the questions Jen !! It's always fun to come and catch up on your blog. Loved the pumpkin carving entry as well - awesome!

    ReplyDelete