Wednesday 17 October 2018

A Morning at the Pumpkin Patch

One of my most favourite fall activities is visiting a pumpkin patch and taking loads of pics (as you can clearly see if you've made it this far). There isn't a patch in our town so this year we headed across the Salish Sea on a quick little ferry ride with my sister and Oscker to Shamrock Farm in the Comox Valley. It literally is a three minute drive from the ferry terminal in Little River but we had never been there so weren't sure what to expect. I love a good pumpkin patch and was super happy when we pulled up. Shamrock farm is small but had loads to see and do and is free to get in. We arrived right at opening and headed straight to the pumpkin patch passed the barn full of goodies and feeding the chicken which were running wildly everywhere you looked. No one else followed that showed up at opening so we had the whole patch to ourselves for a good 15 minutes to take pictures. My Jackson was a great sport posing for tons of photos. (I worried he would protest but he knows what going to the pumpkin patch means to me.) He and Lily and Oscker were keen to take some serious shots that we could later play with for my halloween picture stairwell. The sun was shining, the sky was super blue - basically everything was perfect. After my rough end of September/early October hospital stays and kidney stone issues, this was the most amazing morning filling my heart with happy. 

See other previous pumpkin patch pics here, here, here & here.

No comments:

Post a Comment