Tuesday 14 May 2019

17 & 18 with Yua and Charlene and Week 19/52

Week 17

Week 18

Week 19
 "a portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2019"

It has been a busy few weeks but I refuse to let go of my Living Arrows and this blog of mine. Fortunately I'm good at getting the pictures just not making time to post.  So...here we are three weeks since my last entry. We hosted two girls from Hong Kong. Yua and Charlene are only ten years old and they travelled from Hong Kong to Powell River to live and learn the Canadian life for just under two weeks. Once again, we felt as though we got the two best kids of the group that came to PR. Both girls spoke and understood English very well. They were into trying new foods but also appreciated our trying to make food they would enjoy They climbed trees for the first time ever, put their feet in the ocean and jumped in a cold local lake. We loved them like our own and hated to say goodbye and feel so grateful for todays world and the ease of connection through social media and text. It was another fabulous experience for our family. I hope to post more on it later as I took tons of pictures. The week after the girls left, the kids and I travelled to the city so Lily could participate with her Theatre Company in competition. Her group received Platinum in their category AND we got away for the weekend and shopped and ate out and had a great time.

Joining in with Donna and others for Living Arrows. Thanks for sticking around if you are still reading. Hopefully I will get on the more regular posting train soon. 
Living Arrows

2 comments:

  1. Wow what an experience for you all!! Congrats Lily xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how you catch up and seeing so many photos in one go is wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete