Tuesday 1 January 2013

52 weeks of happy 7/52




"The happiest people don't have the best of everything,
they just make the best of everything"

I'm not going to lie, the week since Christmas hasn't been the greatest. My good friend's Mom (who was also very special to us) died (this is the term she preferred us to use) of cancer just before Christmas on December 21st and on the 27th  Jeff passed away. It's sad. No question. My heart hurts for my friend and for my Syd with the loss of her dad. Support and love will get them through but it still just really sucks!!! This type of loss is never easy but I think it's particularly hard this time of year.
 
Life does go on though and happy can still be found, so here are my picks for this week...
-my Mom who accompanied me out of town to the funeral for my girlfriends Mom on Boxing Day. It was a hard day but made easier because she was there for me and my friend.
-a winter walk with my family
(minus Dad who later picked us up from our destination miles from home)
-my daughter, sister, mother and niece. great ladies in my life
-thoughts of change for me and my surroundings with this brand New Year! I'm not going to make any resolutions as I can never seem to keep any. I'm just committing myself to make some small changes that may turn into bigger things in the future
 
Happy Happy 2013. 2012 had a rough end so a fresh start is just what I need! Check out Jen, the mastermind behind this project, for her next 52 weeks of happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment