Thursday 16 May 2013

Nature in the Home - week 9


 
For this weeks NITH, Lou's challenge was for us to forage something pink. For Mother's Day on Sunday, I received a mini pale pink rose bush from my Granny and a gerbera in fuchsia from my sister - both store bought but keeping with the pink theme. I was deteremined to forage though, so off to my parents yard I went. I picked two stems of pink rhodos. Like with the lilacs last week, rhodos are blooming everywhere and just so beautiful. May is the perfect month.

Last week I really enjoyed Lou's idea of following in pagan tradition on the first of May and filling small jam jars full of little flowers from the garden and tying them to friends doors to welcome in May and let them know how she appreciates their friendship. So wonderful and how great would it be to come home to that welcome!

Check out everyone's pink over at Little Green Shed.


No comments:

Post a Comment