Saturday 17 May 2014

20/52 a portrait a week


 "a portrait of my children once a week, every week, in 2014"

Jackson: Sporting his first ever shiner as a result of missing the ball at his basbeball game the other night.
It's getting more and more colourful everyday!

Lily: Lots of chatter this week about the disappearance of her imaginary (?) friends Binchatta, Monka, Flifla and and Binchatta's daughter Rose. She is hurting because they haven't been around lately. These friends, Binchatta with her red skin and blue eyes who lives inside Lily's closet in the forest, Monka who is part monkey and Flifla who has green eyes and white leaves in her hair and on some of her skin, have been in Lily's life since just before her 3rd birthday. She hasn't always shared much about them but we always knew they were inside her head keeping her company when needed. Just last year we were out for a walk and very casually she mentions that she'd forgotten to tell me of Binchatta calling and letting her know that she'd had a baby in Rio and that she'd called her Rose. She knows these friends are imaginary. She feels shy to talk to people about them but I know still thinks the world of them. I hadn't heard or thought of them in ages then suddenly I find her crying because she misses them so much. I believe life has been so busy that there has been no time to miss them. She has a pretty busy schedule with school and extra curricular activities as well as lots of play with friends. I hope she never forgets these special little friends who helped her grow. I don't want her to hurt about them not being there. I think this breaks my heart the most because she is growing up and I'm just not ready for it. 

As ever, joining in with Jodi and others over at Practising Simplicity
and the gang over at Living Arrows.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos...I've heard that imaginary friends are a sign of intelligence! What a beautiful garden and gorgeous girl, it's hard watching them grow isn't it. I try to think of all the things I can do with my girls as they grow and it's exciting...but also a little sad ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blackeyes are like trophy! He is so proud of them =P

    Lily is so amazing. She is indeed growing up and I hope too that she wont forget her imaginary friends. I dont have imaginary friends growing up but I vividly remember a post that I think/imagine is a door to the woods where fairies stay =)

    Lovely photos!

    #livingarrows

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I hear you on the growing up but not being ready for it. It's so bittersweet.

    Lovely portraits. Thanks for linking up with Living Arrows x

    ReplyDelete