Wednesday 14 May 2014

Mother's Day










This Mother's Day I celebrated with a little sleep in til around 9 followed by eager kids ready to give cards and gifts. We then got up and showered and prepared for family to arrive for brunch. Neil and I worked together and made eggs benny, sausages, bacon and homemade hash browns. My dear old Dad brought along his famous cheese bread and coffee for the masses as Neil and I don't drink it. My Granny, my Mom, my sister, Neil's Mom and his Auntie all gathered and enjoyed breakfast together while the men and kids ate in the livingroom. Afterwards we took some photos and exchanged some more gifts. Flowers, particularly fresh lilacs, were a theme this year. I always feel so blessed to be surrounded by such great examples and Mother's Day is a great day to celebrate them all. I'm lucky to live in a town with my so many special and very important family members. I feel loved and supported unconditionally and return it with huge gratitude to these wonderful women in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment