Friday 22 May 2015

Bluffs

Chocolate Lily Bluffs
Wildwood Bluffs

Last weekend we had the pleasure of having no plans. After a months of hockey eating up our weekends, we finally arrived on one that involved absolutely nothing. Add to that the bonus of it being the May Long Weekend and we couldn't have been more pleased. We spent some time doing long overdue house cleaning, we bbq'd, saw some friends and went on a couple of wonderful hikes to the Chocolate Lily Bluffs and the Wildwood Bluffs. Both are covered in wildflowers right now and have stunning views. Everything is so lush and green and alive. We see bears almost daily but fortunately none showed their faces while we hiked either day. We did however have a little run in with a deer who refused to go any other direction than the trail we were on so a detour was necessary. I cannot stress enough how grateful I am to live where I do and have access to such beauty daily. 

Wonder + WIld
Pierced Wonderings

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful set of photos! Looks like y'all had a great time on your hike. I'm jealous! Those photos of the wildflowers are stunning and I love the sassiness there at the end ;)

    Thank you for joining us for Photo Friday this week! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look like you guys had a wonderful time on this awesome area. It reminds me of California a little bit. Looks like British Columbia is calling me. Every week I am reading two or three posts about different parts of the province.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are just perfect. The one of all the kids is my favorite! What a fun day! Thanks so much for linking up with These Wild Moments! ♥

    ReplyDelete