Thursday 15 October 2015

September Memories Part 1- Savary Friendly Reunion


As we are smack dab in the middle of October already, I figured it's about time I get some posts finished up from last month.  September Memories Part 1 brings me back to Savary with my city girlfriends. It's been far too long since the 6 of us were together for a "girls weekend" but we finally made it happen at the beginning of the month. Husbands, kids and my move to Powell River seemed to prevent us from any time away together like we used to back in the day.  I was desperate for a "friendly reunion" so started emailing in January to cement a time that worked for everyone. I pleaded Savary's case as I knew it would mean nothing but full on relaxing, eating, catching up, sleeping, drinking, more eating, more drinking. the beach, swimming and if we were lucky, sunshine. We got it all and then some. Savary is all about indulging and we did. I held back the tears of joy all weekend long. I felt so grateful for each of my friends and was so thrilled for all we had, especially each other. We laughed until our bellies hurt, shed a few tears, shared stories of life lately, ate beyond well and just really had the best three nights in a long, long time. We all agreed to not let so long pass until our next weekend away. Plans are in the works for next year and I can't wait! 
Girlfriends forever, 20+ years and counting. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds like a spectacular weekend. There's no friends like old friends! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you girls had perfect weather and everything needed for a fun weekend, friends, food, fire, drinks, beach, and a gorgeous place to explore. Loved the pictures and this post!

    ReplyDelete