Monday 2 March 2020

9/52


 "a portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2020"


This week has been a doozy for me. Two weeks ago I had bronchitis and ended up pulling a muscle in my right side from coughing. I thought I'd broken a rib but x-rays said no. I've been in a lot of pain and treating in with Tylenol 3's and Advil. Then on Friday, I sneezed and tore my insides even more. I landed in the ER for the third time in 10 days and after x-rays, ultrasounds and bloodwork as well as an IV drip that included a dose of morphine, I was sent home with orders to rest. I have never felt pain like this before and can't wait for it to go away. The doctor said it could take awhile to heal so taking it easy is all I can do. I'm so uncomfortable and am only managing because I have painkillers and a supportive family. This weekend was a big one for the kids, Jackson had a big game and Lily and I were headed to the city to go see Dear Evan Hansen. Sometimes things don't go as planned.  

Jackson: My boy and his team played their last playoff game to take the title of league champions in their division. My boy started the game off with the first goal. It was a tight game but the boys pulled thru in the end and won the game 7-4. I got to watch (in pain and standing the entire game because sitting hurts too much) as all hell broke loose on Friday and taking Lily to the city wasn't an option for me. I cried when he scored the first goal and clutched my rolled up towel to my side when things went south for the team heading into the second period. It was a tense game that felt worse for me with the pain I was in but I was glad to be there for the win in the end. Next stop is Provincials in Summerland during Spring Break. Jackson is pumped!!!

Lily: We got tickets for Dear Evan Hansen awhile ago and were planning a girls weekend just the two of us. Neil ended up taking her as I couldn't drive. It wasn't the trip she thought she was going to have but it was still great. Her and Neil left Saturday morning instead of Friday afternoon. He took her to all the stores we'd hoped to go to and bought her a bit more than I probably would have. They ate at her favourite places and she LOVED the show so much. She even posted a lot to her IG stories so I felt like I was there. I told her we'd take another trip sometime in the future when this pain in my side goes away. I'm so glad everything worked out despite having a major curve ball thrown in. 

As ever, joining in with the gorgeous Donna and others for another week of Living Arrows. 
Living Arrows

2 comments:

  1. Oh no I really hope you're on the mend now! What a lousy time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, that sounds so painful! I hope it doesn't take you too long to recover. I'm glad to hear you were still able to go to Jackson's game, and Lily got to see the show, even if it didn't quite work out as planned. Fingers crossed for a happier update next time x

    ReplyDelete